Early to bed, early to rise, makes you healthy, wealthy, and wise. The Proverbs 31 girl is definitely healthy, wealthy, and wife, as we’ve already begun to learn. Waking up early and starting the day strong is such an important habit to have. So many people talk about how vital it is to start the day off right. As I write this, the Lord has given me the task of developing a strong morning routine. Routine is very important, for me at least. Some things you may want to include in your mooring routine are:
- Making the bed
- Morning offering/devotional/prayer/bible study
- Healthy breakfast
- Journaling (especially if you are someone blessed with dreams)
- Daily Mass
- Eucharistic adoration
We all know how important mornings can be to the rest of our day. When you wake up late, everything is behind schedule. So waking up early should become a priority for us now, because when the day comes we need to pack lunches and backpacks, we’ll appreciate those few minutes of quiet time before they wake up. To train yourself to wake up early, you’re probably also going to need to train yourself to get to bed early. Establishing a night routine can go a long way in your mornings. Here are a few things you may want to do in the evening to prepare for a good morning:
- Set out tomorrow’s clothes and anything else you may need
- Clean the bathroom/kitchen/fold the laundry
- Take a relaxing bath or hot shower
- Read a spiritual book
- Do an examination of the day
- Journal things that went right and things that went wrong throughout the day, things to learn from
- Make a to-do list for tomorrow
Routines are so important of us, so get into a morning and night habit that helps your body and mind associate with winding up and winding down for the day. Use these lists as a jumping off point but don’t be limited by them. My greatest tip for you is to include prayer in both the morning and evening. This will help you view your day through the eyes of God.
Challenge: Establish a morning and night routine
- How do/can you include the Lord in your morning?
- What prevents you from waking up earlier?
- What keeps you up at night and how can you put it at the foot of the Cross?
If you enjoyed this post, please consider commenting, subscribing, sharing on social media, and making a contribution to my Patreon. Thank you, have a sparkly day!