I’m not sure where we are on this cross country road trip dream journey, but today is about Minneapolis/St. Paul. Here are my top six must see destinations:
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden: This 11 acre park is home to a giant cherry on a spoon. And I’m sure you’re asking yourselves, “Is that the only reason you want to go?” Yes, yes it is.
- Mill City Museum: I love baking and this is a real mill. Well, an old mill’s ruin. Now it’s an interactive museum dedicated to flour.
- Minneapolis Institute of Art: This place is described as having exhibits “from mummies to Monet”. The current special exhibit is called Eyewitness Views: Making History in 18th Century Europe. It sounds like it takes accounts of events in the 1700s and puts them into art.
- Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge: Although this is technically not in Minneapolis/St. Paul, I still think it is a place to see. This wildlife refuge is home to a variety of creatures including out national bird, the bald eagle.
- American Swedish Institute: I don’t know much about the Swedish, but they have a handsome prince that kinda looks like Orlando Bloom. The old mansion is an art and cultural center highlighting Swedish history.
- Cathedral of St. Paul: As always a road trip for a Catholic millennial is incomplete without a trip to the cathedral of the Archdiocese St. Paul. Built in a classical revival style and it looks just grand. The coolest thing I’ve seen in the pictures, an altar rail!
If you have missed any of the posts in this series, click here. If you have seen any of these places or have some you would like to recommend that are not on this list, comment below. Subscribe for more Dream City Trips and maybe a travel diary some day.
In an effort to pay for this trip, I have created a Patreon page. I would greatly appreciate your contribution and financial support.