Today is Part 5 of the Dream City Trip series, let’s take a look at six amazing attractions in the city of Detroit, Michigan:
- Ford Field: Home to the Detroit Lions, Ford Field is one of the most well known stadiums in the NFL. If I do go to a Lions game, I hope they play my Chicago Bears and I will wear my navy and orange with pride.
- Detroit Historical Museum: This museum demonstrates the long history of Detroit. Like many, I associate the city with American cars, but this museum shows how the city has played a part in our country’s history.
- Dosing Great Lakes Museum: Living near one of the Great Lakes, this museum sounds like a place I can learn so much about my home. The coolest exhibit I’ve seen online is the Gothic Room which is inspired by the gentleman’s lounge on the City of Detroit III.
- Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament: Of course, a road trip for the Catholic millennial included this spectacular decorated gothic revival cathedral. This church looks like it belongs in medieval Europe. It’s big, it’s tall, it’s beautiful.
- Heidelberg Project: This is a fascinating community art project. The outdoor gallery exposes all people of all backgrounds to thought provoking masterpieces. The creators of the space believed in improving the community from the inside through art.
- Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory: This place looks gorgeous! It has five distinct sections. They are palm house, tropical house, cactus house, fernery, and show house. I love the pictures of the large glass dome and I hope to see it in person.
Check out past Dream City Trips here and subscribe for future posts in this series.
In an effort to pay for this trip, I have created a Patreon page. I would greatly appreciate your contribution and financial support.